The 2016 Lagos Marathon has come and gone, but we have an interesting story from the marathon to share.
Don’t touch that dial.
1. When you are just on your own and you hear that there’s going to be a Lagos marathon.
2. Finally, this is the chance to show yourself.
Momma said I arrived from Heaven. Muzzbe Superman.
3. Then you hear that the Kenyans are coming.
4. But there’s also a cash prize for normal human beings.
Praise the Lord.
5. So you train hard everyday.
All I do is win win win!
6. And on the D-day, your blood is hot.
Ema dami duro o!
7. The race starts and you’re already at the front.
As per Usain Bolt.
8. But then you get to Ojota and start thinking about your life.
Who sent me? What was I thinking? These are the things I need to know.
9. Because the journey should be getting shorter, but its getting longer instead.
Is this magic?
10. And everywhere you turn, there are people fainting.
Muzzbe horror film.
11. You hear that some people have reached the finish line but you only just set sight on 3rd Mainland Bridge.
11. And then against all odds, you get to the finish line, but there’s nobody there.
Everybody has gone home.
12. You didn’t come first, but deep down you know you’re better than people who didn’t run but were laughing at people who did.
Guess who believes they can do anything now? Me.
13. Because now you know how good it makes you feel, and you’ll train every time, forever.
You get to Ojota and start thinking about your life.