You already know Kemi Adetiba.
She is the media personality and filmaker whose work has most likely appeared on your screens at one point or the other.
She’s up to something new, probably one of the most powerful projects you will see from a Nigerian filmaker.
She’s calling it the KING WOMEN.
Adetiba says the project is a visual “movement” that acts as an accessible/online source of mentorship and emotional upliftment to young, impressionable ladies.
The project features women from different works of life who share stories that will make you feel things you had no idea you could feel. The goal is to help young women, and even men, find mentors and solace in knowing that people have been where they are, and have triumphed.
The only snag here is, Adetiba is making us wait for the project a little longer.
But not without leaving us with five teasers that will make our hearts tremble. Be warned, they are real stories.
Here they are:
1. Funni Victor-Okigbo, CEO of No Surprises Events, talks about the pain of loss.
2. Tara Fela-Durotoye, CEO of House Of Tara, tells a story of ambition and the audacity of faith.
3. TY Bello tells a story of unwavering faith, as always.
4. Mrs. Ajai-Lycett, an actor, tells a story of love and loyalty.
5. Chioma “ChiGul” Omeruah tells a common but heart-wrenching story of falling apart, completely.
Now, show of hands for those who can’t wait for the full package.
Dear Kemi, don’t keep us waiting too long.