The big things in a wedding rarely get forgotten, e.g. the bride’s dress; it’s the little things that fly under the radar and cause those last minute flurries. Take this checklist with you when you shop, and check them off again the day before. No uh-oh moments on our watch for the Sugar bride.
Wedding accessories checklist for the bride
- The bridal veil, headpiece, or accessories for your hair
- Wedding shoes. Make sure they are comfortable as well as gorgeous. You can even get a second pair so you can tear up the dance floor
- A bolero or shrug to cover your shoulders for a conservative service or in case it gets cold
- Wedding jewellery: earrings, necklace, bracelet and rings. You can skip the watch.
- Bridal lingerie for support, and a garter if you plan to wear one. Foxy!
Wedding accessories checklist for the groom
- A wristwatch because it completes the groom’s look, and helps him to the ceremony on time
- A handkerchief to wipe away sweat or you know, tears
- A boutonniere to match the bride’s bouquet
- A tie, cravat, or bow tie and a complimentary pocket square
- A waistcoat or cummerbund if he’s chosen that look
- A hat and gloves if you’re having the most formal kind of wedding
- Wedding accessories checklist for the wedding party
- Give your bridesmaids jewellery and hair accessories for the wedding as a token of thanks
- Bridesmaids’ shoes
- Boutonnieres for the groomsmen
- Bouquets for the bridesmaids
- Wedding ring bag or cushion for the best man or ring bearer
- Baskets for flower girls if you have them.
Wedding accessories for the ceremony
- Spray foam, confetti or rose petals. It’s really fun to have guests spray them at you after your I’dos.
- The programme for your wedding day to be distributed to guests.
Wedding accessories for the reception
- Souvenirs for your guests to take home
- A big bag or envelope to store the money sprayed on the dance floor.
Ok so go enjoy your big day!
Written by Sandra N.U.