You see, Nigerian couples and their planners are not going to run out of wedding themes anytime soon.
From Cinderella/princess themed weddings to forest themed weddings, we thought we had seen it all until we heard about #AdUche2016’s social media themed wedding.
Adaugo and Uchenna met on social media so the theme was perfect. Their wedding planner and vendor, IPC Events did an excellent job bringing all the elements together.
Here’s a break down on some of the things that made #AdUche2016 awesome.
1. Two hash tags: Unlike the everyday one hashtag weddings we see on Instagram, this one had two hash tags, #AdUche2016 and #SocialLove16.
2. Pre-wedding shoot: Their pre-wedding shoot was shot by Abuja based wedding photographer, George Okoro and it was traditionally inspired.
3. The groom’s special message to his bride: The groom via IPC Events, reached out to wedding bloggers and asked that they record a special message for his bride. All the messages were uploaded on Instagram and the bride got tagged and saw the messages while getting ready to walk down the aisle to meet her groom.
So I got a message from @ipcevents saying her client @dugo_swit loves social media to a fault. @dugo_swit literally lives on our page and she had hoped that we would somehow be part of her wedding. @ipcevents being the creative mama that she is decided to have a social media themed wedding for her client and also wanted us to be @dugo_swit wedding day surprise as the groom @sir._bush had requested that @ipcevents speak with us. So, here's a video we came up with. @sir._bush thank you for allowing us be a part of your big day. #aduche2016 #socialmediathemedwedding #socialmedialover #themedwedding #heleneventblog #ipcevents cc @ipcevents #sociallove16
4. Their wedding vows: The groom, Uche really wasn’t playing with the social media theme. His vows were social media inspired and he wrote them on an Instagram profile page template as seen below:
5. Stationery: All the wedding stationery items were social media themed and took the layout of popular social media platforms like BBM, Whatsapp, etc. Some items such as twitter inspired table numbers stood out.