We go to the Olympics everytime and you wonder why we never get as much silverware as we think we should be getting. It is probably because we’ve been looking in all the wrong places.
Here are a few Olympic sports and the Nigerians who deserve gold in them.
1. Whether the track event is a relay or a marathon, #TeamTraffic can’t carry last.
They start at 6 in the morning and stay till night.
2. Every Nigerian who has gone to NYSC camp and couldn’t use the horrible toilets.
Because toilet infection is real.
3. Ah! for boxing, these two police officers will surely make us proud.
Call it Taekwondo if you like. Or Sit-beat-fu. Two fighting sha.
4. Or even Judo.
5. And for clay-shooting,
Just leave this one to our soldiers. They’ll shoot both insurgents and civilians. Shebi they said we human beings are made from clay?
6. We can’t carry last in fencing. No, not this fencing,
7. This is not an Olympic sport, but have you ever thought of how much skill is needed to always hold on to a danfo?
Come smooth road, come pothole.
The Rio Olympics are just months away. One wonder s how many sports we should be entering considering how talented we actually are.