Maria Sharapova beat Serena Williams to win the WTA Championship. It should have been the match to begin a great rivalry, but it didn’t. Between then and now, Serena has given it to Sharapova like its hot.
18 times. Back to back to back.
The thrashing has come of age.
When Sharapova dreams of tennis in her sleep, we bet this is what she sees.
Do a Twitter Search for Maria Sharapova and this is what you will find.
It is that deep.
We made a list of things that have happened, mostly in Nigeria since Sharapova last beat Williams.
1. Nigeria has had four presidents.
2. Goodluck Jonathan has been deputy governor, governor, vice president, president and pensioner.
3. Boko Haram has died with Mohammed Yusuf, risen with Shekau. Shekau has died, risen, died, risen, died, risen.
4. Buhari has lost, lost again, cried like a baby and then become President.
That last laugh.
5. The dollar has risen from 130 Naira to over 300 naira in the black market.
6. Sim Cards have gone from 30,000 to buy one, get one free.
7. On-Air Personalities have actually become celebrities.
8. Blackface has claimed his song was stolen by 2face, back to back,
his career lost and found and re-lost then his style jacked by Wizkid.
Izz a hard life.
9. Mo’Hits dropped hits, failed to take the heat of discord, then disbanded.
But, its Don Jazzy again.
10. Morachi, AY.com, and Azadus (remember them?) have dropped hits and vapourised.
11. Lil Kesh has written junior WAEC, senior WAEC, JAMB, entered University, dropped out and dropped hit singles back to back.
12. Nigerians have danced galala, suo, konto, yahooze, alanta, azonto, a
lingo and shoki.
13. Styl Plus’ Four years have waka’d.
Riddle: They went to eat at a particular buka, and left
their music Olufunmi there. Whats the buka’s name?
14. 9ice’s music career has come and
gone is going.
Read his lips, yep. He’s reminding you of that Grammy he promised.
15. Mikel was Messi’s rival in 2005, joined Chelsea, and has had a long and successful
16. Nigeria has won the African nations cup.
17. Arsenal still hasn’t won the Premier League.