Asisat Oshoala recently signed for Arsenal ladies, one of the best female sides in England, but here are some things you didn’t know about her.
1. She is only 21. We kid you not.
She was born in Ikorodu, Lagos state on the 9th of October, 1994. Young.
2. Deciding to pursue a career in football didn’t come easy for her.
She incurred the wrath of her parents when she dropped out of school to pursue a career in football. Determination.
3. But she has proven that anything is possible, as long as you keep pushing.
She represented Nigeria at the U-20 women world cup. Success.
4. She was the highest goal scorer at the 2014 Women’s U-20 World Cup.
Not only was she the highest goal scorer, she was also named best player. Baller.
5. That same year, she represented Nigeria at the 2014 African Women’s Championship.
She was the second highest goal-scorer and best player of the tournament. Also 2014 CAF player of the year. Kinging.
6. She’s popularly called Seedorf, after Clarence Seedorf, or Super Zee.
But we like Super Zee more. Just because.
7. She won the first BBC Women’s Footballer of The Year Award in 2015.
8. Her Liverpool manager, Matt Beard called her “one of the best young players in the world”.
9. She was awarded a national honour by former president, Goodluck Jonathan.
Member of the Order of the Niger. Milestone!
10. She signed for Arsenal, the team she supported growing up.
We wish her success in her career.