Travelling is awesome. It is even more awesome when you are travelling to a foreign country with an entirely different culture and climate.
These things hit you when you first travel abroad.
1. The cold.
2. When you enter a restaurant and you can’t pronounce anything on the menu.
3. When you first experience constant electricity.
4. You want to buy anything but you first convert it to Naira in your head.
5. When they hit you with the “Where in Africa” question.
Because Africa is just the size of your backyard, abi?
6. Then another person is asking what you came to do in the country.
7. When someone takes you out to eat and then asks you to pay for your food.
8. Then one day there’s a blackout and everybody is going crazy.
9. But you’re just there like.
10. Then one day, you discover a Nigerian restaurant.
And all is well with the world again.