The hustle for employment is excruciating. If you have ever been on that pursuit for employment, you can surely relate to these photos.
1. When you are fresh out of higher institution and they are asking for 5 years post-NYSC experience.
Kuku tell me to gerrout.
2. When you have applied so many times, you don’t even know which job is which anymore.
“So what do you know about this company?”
3. And then you mistakenly sent the email header of the previous company you applied for.
“Please ignore previous email. My enemies sent it.”
4. When you see a job opening that wasn’t publicised and hope no one hears.
This is mine.
5. Then you get there and meet the entire country.
6. When you see someone else’s CV and you immediately know the website they got that format.
That format is old-fashioned.
7. When an interviewer says “we’ll get back to you.”
Can you get back to me right now? Please?
8. You waiting for them to get back to you.
Is that how you people used to do?
9. When everyone is talking about how great their jobs are on the Internet.
I hate you all.
10. When your parents see you at home during the day.
Shebi your brother promised me job.
11. When you’re so tired of applying, you start thinking of doing blood money.
Fresh head. Fresh dollars.
12. But you’ve watched enough Nigeria movies to know you will eventually die or run mad.
13. You meet people and they ask you what you’ve been up to.
I just dey.
14. Then one day, you just stop applying.
This is not my own.
15. And then you start to remember all the people who became successful without nine to fives.
Hustle must pay. Starting now.