1. The answer to “what are we?”is never straight.
“We are a cloud,
Drifting across the sky,
Passing over Limpopo.”
2. Having to stalk their social media for the next deep quote.
RT! RT! RT!
3. You have to say “I used to write a lot once” to create convos sometimes.
“Deep down, we’re all writers”.
4. You know not to ask “so how far have you gone with the book?”
“You’re disturbing the flow.”
5. They like to talk a lot about how money doesn’t mean much.
You think it’s me you’re doing?
6. When you text them with ‘tnx’ and ‘kk’.
Kuku kill me!
7. When you stumble on bae’s story on the internet and find your private conversation in it.
“Baby, I ripped you from the conversation made it look like it was my character that said it.”
8. When you get caught reading something they haven’t approved for another pair of eyes. Run.
Now, you die.
9. You watch a movie together and half the time, bae is ripping the story apart and finding plot holes
Oga shey you won’t calm down like this?
10. You are damage-control when rejection comes.
Let’s just carry all these rejection letters and change to dollars with Aboki.
11. When you are dragging attention from bae with a fictional character.
Do you love me or do you love Kawaya from the Backlands?
So you mean I’m not the most amazing person ever?
“Baby, you’re giving me emotional imbalance”
15. But every time you feel sad, they always have the right words to make you feel better
Find yourself a writer today.