The 9-5 life is what it is, a vicious cycle that keeps you coming back to square one month after month.
Monthly salary earners will totally understand these feelings.
1. When your salary is tomorrow but tomorrow feels like six months away.
Time is crawling.
2. When you calculate all the bills you have to pay and the salary is already entering minus.
I dun undstern.
3. But you check and its just somebody texting you to say hi.
Why are you like this?
4. Then you remember you’re also owing that person money.
Why am I like this?
5. When your salary enters and somehow you forget all the plans you made.
6. So you just turn up because you cannot come and die.
Turn down for what?
7. Then you wake up the morning after and you remember all the people you owe.
When did I even borrow this much?
8. Because they already texted you to say hi.
9. When you sit down to decide who you want to owe for another month and who you want to pay.
Last last they’ll beat me.
10. Then you just vex and pay everybody once and enjoy your moment of inner peace that follows.
No time for hypertension.
11. Then you realise you’re going to suffer a lot for the next one month.
12. You can’t take it anymore, so you holler your guy/miracle worker and he lends you some cash.
13. When your boss won’t stop behaving as if he pays you 1 million dollars per month.
14. But then again, it just occurs to you that pay day is tomorrow. Another month flew by already.
15. But then again, the cycle might just repeat itself.
Epp me Lord.